Fleet is an agile, next generation connectivity company. Our mission is to Connect Everything using cutting-edge communications and space technologies to maximise the resource efficiency of human civilisation and enable the next industrial revolution with our free, ubiquitous connectivity platform.
As a Technical Procurement Manager at Fleet you'll be responsible for taking next generation Fleet products from development through manufacture to launch. The ideal candidate will have direct experience in a manufacturing environment, an engineering degree or operations background, and a passion for space and changing the world. The Technical Procurement Manager will work cross functionally with Product Development Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Contract manufacturers, and suppliers to:
- Develop a supply chain strategy for all key components early in the development process
- Shape sourcing decisions
- Develop a demand and supply picture, and balance those against operational goals.
Fleet's Technical Procurement Manager is responsible for Supply Chain readiness of all Fleet's new products to meet Product launch schedule, volume & quality targets. This position requires leadership, influencing and organisation skills, and the ability to communicate seamlessly with all levels of the organisation and with contract manufacturers and suppliers. Our ideal candidate needs to be adept at driving cross functional teams and developing robust business processes.
- Define all Supply Chain deliverables, and manage resources, scope and schedule to meet product launch deliverables.
- Define objectives that enable Fleet to meet all Product Launch milestones efficiently, including cross-functional processes and structured management escalations.
- Manage all Supply Chain deliverables and schedule, escalation of risks and mitigation plans.
- PM design releases of hard-tooled mechanical components, including tooling kick offs and ramp execution.
- Building & maintenance of Materials Ramp plans to support product launch requirements.
- Setting Supplier Capex capacity requirements and spending targets
- Leadership of cross functional meetings to consolidate Supplier Capacity ramp progress vs. plan, including tool bring-up, yield improvement, and execution of risk mitigation strategies.
- Management of Pre-Production Build requirements to the Supply chain, and the delivery plan to support it.
- Leadership of cross-functional meetings to manage Supply-Chain NUDs (New, Unique, Different, Difficult), & develop risk management strategies for assurance of supply.
- Travel to meet with suppliers and contract manufacturers as required.
- BS in Engineering, Business Admin or Supply Chain education minimum, MBA/MS a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of supply chain or factory related experience, including 2 years of Management experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical experience working with Suppliers of high precision plastic & metal components.
- Experience leading and influencing in cross-functional team environments.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in improving cross-functional processes.
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude.
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
Fleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This role is located at Fleet's Headquarters in Adelaide, South Australia.
If you're excited to join us on the journey and believe you have what it takes, please apply here: