Fleet is an agile, next generation connectivity company. Our mission is to Connect Everything using cutting-edge communications and space technologies to maximise the resource efficiency of human civilisation and enable the next industrial revolution with our free, ubiquitous connectivity platform.
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will be responsible for both working on space and ground hardware development projects. We value creativity, independence and the ability to work autonomously and as part of the larger team.
- Participate in code reviews
- Code system software
- Implement testing plans and test systems
- Develop prototypes to prove out concepts and quantify technical constraints
- 2/3 years of Comp science / software engineering degree, or relevant open source software experience
- Languages: C++/C#/Python
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Beginner skill level using Linux
- Hands-on experience through lab research, project teams, prior internship or work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace
- Intermediate skill level using Windows Operations Systems
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Fleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This role is located at Fleet's Headquarters in Adelaide, South Australia.
If you're excited to join us on the journey and believe you have what it takes, please apply here: