Software Engineer Contractor
Fleet is an agile, next generation connectivity company. Our mission is to Connect Everything using cutting-edge communications and space technologies to maximise the resource efficiency of human civilisation and enable the next industrial revolution with our free, ubiquitous connectivity platform.
Fleet is looking for a Software Engineer as an independant contractor. You will work on developing Fleet's Industrial Internet of Things cloud services. Working in an agile team, this role will be helping to build out our customer data interface.
- Develop highly reliable and available software systems.
- Design data flow paths for customer data through Fleet's IoT framework.
- Implement cloud computing API frameworks to allow customers to access their data.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of work experience
- Languages: At least two of Python/Golang/React/NodeJS
- Experience with cloud computing solutions such as AWS/Azure/GoogleCompute
- Knowledge of API frameworks such as Protobuf / REST
Experience with some of the following:
- Encryption and system security design
- Linux systems administration
- Self motivated to solve new and exciting software problems
- Interfacing with 3rd party APIs
- Experience with IOT frameworks and messaging systems (such as MQTT and COAP)
- You must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
Fleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This role is located at Fleet's Headquarters in Adelaide, South Australia, however remote work may be considered for the right applicant.
If you're excited to join us on the journey and believe you have what it takes, please apply here: