Fleet is an agile, next generation connectivity company. Our mission is to Connect Everything using cutting-edge communications and space technologies to maximise the resource efficiency of human civilisation and enable the next industrial revolution with our free, ubiquitous connectivity platform.
As a Software Engineer you will work on developing Fleet's Industrial Internet of Things network. Working in an agile team, this role will involve writing software for our satellites and ground segment.
- Develop highly reliable and available software systems.
- Design data flow paths for customer data through Fleet's IoT framework.
- Implement cloud computing API frameworks to allow customers to access their data.
- Design and implement fault detection and mitigation in software
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of work experience
- Languages: At least two of C/Python/Golang/React
Experience with some of the following:
- API frameworks such as protobuf / REST
- Experience with cloud computing solutions such as AWS/Azure/GoogleCompute
- Linux kernel module / network driver development
- Embedded / custom Linux build systems (eg. buildroot, yocto)
- Network protocol stacks and integration (eg. Point-To-Point protocol, SLIP, TCP/IP, UDP)
- Hardware peripheral integration with Linux over low level interfaces such as UART, SPI, I2C
- Satellite subsystem integration
- Encryption and system security design
- Linux systems administration
- Self motivated to solve new and exciting software problems
- You must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
Fleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This role is located at Fleet's Headquarters in Adelaide, South Australia.
If you're excited to join us on the journey and believe you have what it takes, please apply here: