Fleet is an agile, next generation connectivity company. Our mission is to Connect Everything using cutting-edge communications and space technologies to maximise the resource efficiency of human civilisation and enable the next industrial revolution with our free, ubiquitous connectivity platform.
In this position you will lead a team of engineers in the development of a novel communications payload for Fleet’s narrowband data LEO satellite constellation. The position will require working within tight time constraints and making critical technical decisions balancing cost, technology readiness, reliability, schedule and other important programatic considerations. In this role you will work closely with internal staff and external technical partners resposible for other parts of Fleet’s communications architecture, ensuring clearly defined interfaces and meeting overall system performance requirements.
- Early stage design, specifying, testing and verifying spacecraft communications payloads and associated ground-based communications equipment for users and ground stations
- Leading a team of communications engineers
Making critical technical decisions balancing cost, technology readiness, reliability, schedule and other important programmatic considerations
Working closely with internal staff and external technical partners to ensure clearly defined interfaces and meeting overall system performance requirements
- Masters or PhD degree in electrical engineering or related discipline
- 10+ years of work experience in the satellite communications engineering field, possibly including up to 3 years in postgraduate academic research
- Experienced in architecting, specifying, testing and verifying various satellite communications payloads
- Supported multiple trade-studies and requirements definintion in early project phases of communicaitons payloads
- Technical leadership of engineering teams
- Strong theoretical understanding of telecommunications
- Detailed understanding of design trades for key satellite performance characteristics such as EIRP, G/T, linearity, etc.
- Experience working within space/aerospace systems engineering and quality management environments
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards
- Demonstrated high quality written and verbal technical communications skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
PhD or professional R&D experience in telecommunications
Ground Station design and operations experience
Software Defined Radio (SDR) programming and/or development experience
Experience in the design of satellite communications systems featuring highly power-constrained user terminals, and/or phased array antennas
Experienced across full life-cycle of communications satellite developments and operations including: design, analysis, test, verification and on-orbit commissioning and operational trouble-shooting
Experience in a start-up environment
Software development experience in a professional engineering environment
Experience in Doors (or similar) requirements management system
- You must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
Fleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This role is located at Fleet's Headquarters in Adelaide, South Australia.
If you're excited to join us on the journey and believe you have what it takes, please apply here: