Fleet is an agile, next generation connectivity company. Our mission is to Connect Everything using cutting-edge communications and space technologies to maximise the resource efficiency of human civilisation and enable the next industrial revolution with our free, ubiquitous connectivity platform.
We’re looking for a Commercial Operations Manager to manage the project development road map, and lead the Engineering and Procurement teams to accomplish product and customer success. The position involves work on new type of satellite communications ground equipment, serving new types of customers. Successful remote field work experience in industries such as agritech, smart mining and maritime is a strong requirement.
- Interface with customer, supplier and contractor installation teams during installation.
- Assist in scoping project size and manage deployment budget.
- Work with and support outside contractors, supplier and customer installers to ensure project deployment timeliness and quality.
- Assist in documentation of project objectives, actions and as-completed materials, and all contracted reports as outlined in each project's deliverables list.
- Supervise on-going project deployment activities for contracted customers and assist as needed in all phases of deployment of a project.
- Deployments vary in scope and may include multiple, parallel implementations requiring coordination of various teams from SSN, contractors and the customer, including but not limited to field (RF) engineers, IT staff, supply chain, contracting and finance staff.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering (electrical or computer science preferred). Advanced degree desired, MBA a bonus. Equivalent experience may be considered.
- 3+ years direct large-scale, multi-phase project management, preferably for deployment of telecommunications networks (preferably wireless) and/or enterprise-scale software systems. Experience doing either of these for an utility company is a plus.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated leadership, analytical, organisational and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will be able to describe multiple business situations where these skills have been leveraged.
- Must possess extensive experience leading IoT product / initiative delivery.
- Experience in personal computer operations and use of word processing, project management, Microsoft Project, spreadsheet programs plus experience with off-the-shelf and special-purpose test programs.
- Experience and knowledge of gas, water and electric utility meter reading and related distribution automation technologies is desirable.
- Technical training and knowledge of radio frequency equipment used in planning and installing radio network equipment and multiple wired/wireless wide area networks is also desirable.
- You must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
Fleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This role is located at Fleet's Headquarters in Adelaide, South Australia.
If you're excited to join us on the journey and believe you have what it takes, please apply here: