Fleet is an agile, next generation connectivity company. Our mission is to Connect Everything using cutting-edge communications and space technologies to maximise the resource efficiency of human civilisation and enable the next industrial revolution with our free, ubiquitous connectivity platform.
As a Senior Communications Engineer you will work on developing Fleet's Industrial Internet of Things network. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of the satellite communications network (user terminal-satellite and satellite-MCC) as well as the user ground network. While you will have competencies in most of the skills detailed below, you will have a team of engineers to support this role.
- Simulating/modeling communication systems, working with System Architects, RF engineers, Antenna Engineers, Modem/DSP, and ASIC engineers to partition functions between HW and SW domains.
- Assess feasibility of various designs in support of architecture definition.
- Deriving specifications for the RF and antenna subsystems.
- Evaluate and characterize prototypes.
- Characterize and analyze system performance.
- Assist in the development of test tools / equipment for lab measurements.
- Work with manufacturing engineers on production testing of RF systems.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering.
- 5+ years of work experience.
- 2+ years of experience with using radio related test equipment such as spectrum analysers, vector signal analysers, vector signal generator, network analysers.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Science or PhD in electrical engineering with emphasis in RF/Microwave circuits or communication theory.
- Experience performing analysis and simulation of communication systems.
- Thorough understanding of RF passive and active components.
- Experience characterizing radio performance at microwave frequencies.
- Knowledge of digital communication systems, spread spectrum, single and multi carrier techniques, modulation types such as PSK, APSK, QAM.
- Understanding of electromagnetic propagation and antenna systems.
- Experience in Matlab, SystemVue, Python, C++ or equivalent tools for modeling and analyzing RF systems.
- Knowledge of RF transceiver architectures and digital communication theory.
- Protocol design and implementation
- Communications acquisition and scheduling
- Hardware design including RF and on-board processing and storage
- Electronics design
- Some software architecture knowledge
- Good people management skills
- You must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
Fleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This role is located at Fleet's Headquarters in Adelaide, South Australia.
If you're excited to join us on the journey and believe you have what it takes, please apply here: