Fleet is an agile, next generation connectivity company. Our mission is to Connect Everything using cutting-edge communications and space technologies to maximise the resource efficiency of human civilisation and enable the next industrial revolution with our free, ubiquitous connectivity platform.
We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, commercial and creative industrial designer who is both a team player and results driven. In addition to your tertiary design qualification you will have;As an Industrial Designer at Fleet you will work on developing Fleet's Industrial Internet of Things network. Working in a small team, the role will involve overseeing the network design of the satellite communications network and the ground user segment, in particular those aspects related to network and software architecture. The successful applicant will be required to manage a small team of engineers and will report to the CTO.
- Research and PDS preparation
- Quick sketch ideation and presentation rendering
- Concept modelling in CAD (Solidworks or similar).
- Prototyping (aesthetic, ergonomic & functional)
- Product rendering (Keyshot)
- Developing client presentation material
Research and analyse competitors key product characteristics and benefits including patent searches
Provide technical support and assistance to other departments as required
Liaise and communicate with various local and overseas manufacturers and suppliers
Conduct product testing and record / document results
- Minimum of 3 years experience in product design
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in project and overseas vendor management
- Ability to work within an energetic & fast paced team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and budgets
- Previous work experience within a commercial or manufacturing environment
- You must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
Fleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This role is located at Fleet's Headquarters in Adelaide, South Australia.
If you're excited to join us on the journey and believe you have what it takes, please apply here: